CT COLT 2015 Poetry Recitation Contest
Time: 3:30:00 PM - 6:30:00 PM
Date: Tuesday - March 17, 2015 (Snow date = Thursday - March 19, 2015)
Time: 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Location: Lyman Hall High School
Address: 70 Pond Hill Road, Wallingford, CT 06492
Chairperson: Kimberly Moore
Postmark Deadline: January 24, 2015
Materials to Download
- Registration Materials and the Rules and Rubric will be posted to the site by the end of November 2014.
REGISTRATION NEWS! High School Heritage Speaker contests are now divided into HS 9-10 and HS 11-12 categories. Our judges had remarked that 9th-graders are simply not as developmentally advanced as 12th-graders, and CT COLT was happy to make this adjustment. Please note that students from both levels should choose from the same slate of HS Heritage poems.
Another suggestion was to have separate categories for students with "extra" world language exposure. This would include those with backgrounds in other languages (such as Spanish Heritage Speakers competing in French or Korean students reciting in Mandarin) or those who began their study in grade school. CT COLT has considered this, but -- since it could practically double the contests and medals needed -- cannot feasibly implement this proposal at this time.
- Students may participate in a maximum of two languages
- For Middle School Heritage Speaker contests: up to 3 students per language may be registered.
- For High School Heritage Speaker contests: up to 3 students per language for all levels (any combination of HS 9-10 and HS11-12) may be registered.
- For all other language contests: only one student per language level may be registered.
Back to Main List