SAVE THE DATE - April 6, 2016
Time: 3:30:00 PM - 6:30:00 PM
Date: Wednesday - April 6, 2016 (Snow date = To Be Determined)
Time: 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Location: East Haven High School
Address: 35 Wheelbarrow Lane, East Haven, CT 06513
Chairperson: Carla DeStefanis
Materials to Download
- Registration Materials and the Rules and Procedures (coming soon)
- Slate of Poems
- 2016 Poetry Contest Rubric (coming soon)
- Press Release (coming soon)
REGISTRATION NEWS! High School Heritage Speaker contests are now divided into HS 9-10 and HS 11-12 categories. Our judges had remarked that 9th-graders are simply not as developmentally advanced as 12th-graders, and CT COLT was happy to make this adjustment. Please note that students from both levels should choose from the same slate of HS Heritage poems.
Another suggestion was to have separate categories for students with "extra" world language exposure. This would include those with backgrounds in other languages (such as Spanish Heritage Speakers competing in French or Korean students reciting in Mandarin) or those who began their study in grade school. CT COLT has considered this, but -- since it could practically double the contests and medals needed -- cannot feasibly implement this proposal at this time.
- Students may participate in a maximum of two languages
- For Middle School Heritage Speaker contests: up to 3 students per language may be registered.
- For High School Heritage Speaker contests: up to 3 students per language for all levels (any combination of HS 9-10 and HS11-12) may be registered.
- For all other language contests: only one student per language level may be registered.
CT COLT is proud to announce the winners of the 2015 CT COLT Poetry Recitation Contest. Please click here to view the list of medal winners.
Back to Main List