Teaching for Proficiency Institute
Sponsored by CT COLT and RIFLA
Presenter: Thomas Sauer
Dates: Mon. June 26 - Tues. June 27
Location: Stonington High School, Stonington, CT
5 minutes from RI, 60 minutes from Hartford, 90 minutes from Springfield, MA, 150 minutes from Albany, NYC, Brattleboro, VT or Manchester, NH
• Day 1 will be a workshop on the key principles of teaching toward proficiency
• Day 2 will be organized around the planning for proficiency-based instruction in a TELL un-conference style
Member Cost (COLT, RIFLA, MaFLA, NYSFLT, FLENJ NHAWLT, VFLA):
- Early Bird Registration (submitted and paid before 4/30/17) CT COLT members $150; Non-Members $180.
- Regular Registration (submitted and paid after 5/1/2017) CT COLT members $175; Non-Members $205.
- Note that registrants from state world language organizations other than CT COLT will pay the $150/$175 rate.
- Please register at www.ctcolt.org/pages/PDSummer2017registration.asp or www.RIFLA.org
Included in the registration:
• Breakfast & Lunch will be provided both days
• Proficiency Party at the Kennedy House: appetizers & cocktails at the end of 1st day
• Inspiration to improve your practice with dynamic educators from around New England
Mystic Hilton Hotel:
• A block of rooms has been held for us at the Mystic Hilton. It is a 5-minute drive to the HS and situated in Mystic Village with restaurants and shops.
• To reserve a room for $139 for Monday, please call 860.572.0731 and ask for the COLT Summer Proficiency Institute
About Our Presenter:
Thomas Sauer, an Educational Entrepreneur and founder of LearningShifts, is a visionary thinker, designer and change facilitator. Thomas shares his time as the Director of Design and Communication for AdvanceLearning, empowering educators to become more effective. Previously, he served as World Language Specialist for school systems in major urban areas such as Louisville, Kentucky where Thomas was instrumental in guiding teachers to design units of study learning resources and implement articulated proficiency-based programs and assessments. Named a "Global Visionary" by the World Affairs Council of Kentucky & Southern Indiana in 2010 and the Pearson Supervisor of the Year by the National Association of District Supervisors of Foreign Languages in 2011, Thomas has turned his attention to using a global professional learning network (PLN) to help teachers around the world take charge of their own professional learning.
- To register and pay online via PayPal, please click here. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account. You may pay by credit card.